Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have a quick question. I went to napa on Thursday they told me that all three U-Joints for my F-350 crew cab long bed on the rear shaft were the same. Today I went to Autozone and they told me that there are different ones for all three. My question is who is right? I need to replace them my center one is bad and i am just going to do them all.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
73 Posts
I believe napa may be right, but easiest way to tell is to go out and measure them all.

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
1,207 Posts
I have a 2006 f250 and I know they are all the same, your f350 has the same driveline as the f250. Here is the Neapco # 2-0054 they are domestic and greaseable. I paid $20.27 at Car Quest each. Here is a carrier brg #35-6036 but verify that it will fit your year truck,IIRC this may have been the wrong one because I had to take mine back to get correct one.
Do yourself a favor and replace your carrier brg, even if it looks good now that thing has a billion turns on it and should be replaced with the u/joints. I paid $27.20 for the carrier brg.
Whole job was under $100.00 and all parts were made in America.

If you have a vise and some sockets a bit smaller than the end caps you have everything you need for the job. ( Plus a hammer ) :) for carrier brg, a turbo torch is handy to expand carrier brg to help it off and on.

Good Luck, peice of cake just take your time and you will save yourself alot of money. Timken is also good quality, just make sure you buy DOMESTIC parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts