Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ran DP for past couple years but decided to experiment and try cales tunes when I put in my injectors couple weeks ago. I really like them! Awesome, smooth, predictable power! I can't say anything on valve bodies since i'm runnin a handshaker.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Now I run cale's tunes and would never think of talking anyone out of his tunes.... But... Why aren't you happy with Matt's? Just wondering. Usually he will work with you until the tuning is absolutely perfect. Just odd to hear he had an unhappy customer.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have had his tunes in two different trucks, so have some experience with his tunning. Both chips were reburnt a couple times to adjust for what wanted. Matt is really nice guy, met him at TS that's one reason went with his tunes, but the First thing I don't like is that he will not email tunes to me. I don't want my truck running like like piss for week and half while wait on shipping. The tunes I had on my obs felt a little more custom, and he spent some time on them. They were still just very underpowered. Now the tunes in my superduty is a different storry. The only tunes I use are economy and hi idle. You can not drive the other two high HP tunes on the street. The shifting is not very good to say the least. You can't cruise in overdrive. It will just kick in and out of overdrive in higher tunes if you tap the peddle or hit any kind of grade. Lastly I do not like how I have to push the pedal straight to the floor for any power. He put a stealth tune on the truck and never asked him to do that. I can tell you from the swamps tunes and mainly TW tunes that i have had were much more custom tuned to what I asked for.

Sorry For the grammar, stupid phone and its spell check.

·
PwrStrkin
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so far everyone ive talked to loves cale's tunes. my biggest question was how the shifting was running his tunes, becuase im not happy with the stock ts tunes. as far as the valve body goes, he just has a killer deal on a tunes and valve body package so m thinkin why not give it a shot? seems like everyone is more than happy with his work!

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Might check and see if cale will email tunes first.
That is one of my issues as well. I would like to get a burner for who ever i go to next for tunes.
You may even want to check into dp..the f6 is way faster to load, and iirc he will bring the power on quicker
As far as pedal position etc.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I've had TW, Matt , Cale and swamps

Swamps for me is the least smokey In the tow tune and by a lot. Out of 100 programs from
Different tuners this 1 tune has good power shifts right and is clean so that's what I use dd. Shifting of the other tunes is good too.

Cale's tunes had the best shifting but way smokey

Matt's tunes couldn't get the smoke out and didn't shift right. He worked out the shifting eventually but couldn't get the smoke.. On to swamps

But for live tuning I'd take any of them..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.