Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my Tymar from Beans on Tuesday. I install it yesterday and WOW was it easy to do. My question is, should me EGT drop? If the answers are yes I have something weird going on mine seem to be running 75 to 100 hotter than they were before. If someone could chime in that would be great thanks all

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
I didn't notice any difference when I installed mine. I have no idea what you could have done to make it hotter.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to try another gauge, maybe mine is just going goofy or something. Thats a good looking truck woodchopper

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
No idea why your egts went higher after the intake.. Where are they 75-100* higher at? Idle, WOT, half throttle?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Makes no sence to me either. This was a cruising speed of 70

·
Registered
65 Posts
It might be because it is an open element intake. Air is no longer going through the snorkel like the stock intake. Air is coming from the outside and from the engine compartment also.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Wrong, thats been disproved so many times that bringing it up is silly

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem solved!!!!!! I had a loose connection on my pyro gauge. now after 75 miles of driving its reading just as it should. Thanks all

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Its just because the airbox fans used to throw this out as an arguement against using an open element air intake like the Tymar since the cold air intake just had to be better "just because". Dale Isley did a bunch of instrumented underhood temperature readings and EGTs and pretty much disproved the notion that the cold air style air box worked better than his Tymar. The air sucked in through the intake pretty much causes the underhood temperatures to drop with any amount of throttle demand. Isley determined there was less than 15F* difference comparing underhood and ambient air temperature when using his Tymar. The Tymar is a fairly low restriction big bang for the buck high filtration efficiency air intake when compared to to a lot of other alternatives and makes more power because it flows better than quite a few of the other intake options.

I did back to back dyno runs using a Tymar open air intake and an aFE 1 air box style intake (not an aFE II with ProGard-7). Over 3 runs each same day same DynoJet 248 the Tymar made about 5 hp more than the aFE 1 on my 400hp 7.3 truck. The old aFE is still in the box like new with zero miles and only 3 dyno runs on it. :D

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
anyone know where to get the Clamp to hold it on the fender. I need one for my DYI set-up. I wish he would get a real site up and running to see what he has.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I have them...PM me with your zip..

Cary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts