Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious if it is even possible I know there is enough room under the hood but curious to see if anyone has the nuts to do so????

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I had already thought about 38R on each bank with a properly sized pro charger. I could deal with that. :evil My engines bottom end likely could not.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think it could be done but really why? if the twins are matched correctly i dont think the procharger would make much difference because the amount of fuel you would need would not be feasible now with the fuel that will be available going common rail who knows!!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
The only reason for such a setup would be for show and tell at the car shows. Reminds me of that 6 turbo powered tri-five car.

Dave

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Would make for a plumbing nightmare but insta boost with 500hp per bank of air would make for one heck of a ride. I thought about that a while back with stockers and a vortec charger. Everyone laughed then the procharger turbo combo came out and made me forget about twins....it can be done there was a tri turbo 7.3 before. Was a neat setup.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Yes, no doubt, but it would sure be a site to see a stand still 4 tire smoking burn :evil To have trouble hooking up in 4x4 woudl be something.

That is almsot exactly what our hero over at Banks is offering right now but in a duramax. Twin turbos with a single SC. But I think his is with a roots type blower IIRC.

·
Registered
596 Posts
ya i was talking with my buddy the other day and just thought it would be something out of this world to see something like this

·
Registered
561 Posts
Perhaps I dunno much about Centri's efficiency, but would it be hard to get one sized that put out enough air to keep up without sucking down a lot of power?

Hmmmm.... A cryo'd Ultimax block, Swamps girdle, H-Max (or maybe Carillo) Rods, few other bank-depleting features..... Swamps common rail conversion....

:evil

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
The CFM flow is in no way a issue with PC that flow 4000+ CFM

But as others have said its more for show as you can get all you can handle with a single compounded PC.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Why not just do 8 turbo's like the 57 chevy I saw in Hot Rod a few years back

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
378 Posts
The only reason for such a setup would be for show and tell at the car shows. Reminds me of that 6 turbo powered tri-five car.

Dave
Exactly !!

Th supercharger is going to require HP just to make HP where a Turbo uses wasted exhaust energy...IE: Turbo= less internal stress at the same HP level.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I guess it was 8 turbo's as depicted in a post above. Cool factor would be there but it's not practical with what's available.

A centri uses alot of power to turn. It can easily use more hp to turn than there is in a little 1.6 honda motor. And usually they are bad on the crank pulley if you squeeze the belt to get all the RPM's out of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts