Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good twin set up for the good old 97 7.3?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
You're not really going to find a one-size-fits-all kit... it depends on what you're doing.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Stock turbo in a compound setup :doh:

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Stocker equal boom. go with like a 38R. What are you going to do with the truck? Why do you want twins? What is your HP goal?

You dont live to far from where I am from. Naperville here.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
A couple people really seem to love the 38r/gt47 combo.
Yeah, definitely not a stocker though.

I'd probably like to go with a modded H2E over a 38R, but that's IMO...

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
is the set in classified still for sale?

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
i have my s480 that would work great with your stock turbo, i have one pull on the turbo
nothing will work well with the stock turbo, they are not durable enough to use. Its been tried before the stocker will live a short life.

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stocker equal boom. go with like a 38R. What are you going to do with the truck? Why do you want twins? What is your HP goal?

You dont live to far from where I am from. Naperville here.
I'd like to sled pull someday with it. But mainly I just want it for the power. As much as I can get out of it. Maybe 700-1000hp.

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As much as needed I guess.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
if you are starting from scratch, and are going to fabricate things yourself, i would too go with one of the s300 framed turbo. Easy/cheaper to rebuild and the extended tip stuff is nice also. Plus there is a big selection of turbine and compressor wheels and housings to get you dialed in.

The reason i went with a 38r, is i already had one and also bb turbos are pretty durable. Also, i machined a 115 housing for it to accept an external wasategate, so i can slow it down or speed it up depending where i want to be as far as boost and drive are concerned. It doesnt go thru near the abuse it did as a single, as the 47 carries the bulk of the load in my setup.

The 47 is just a darn good all around turbo and spools quick for as big as it is. I do beleive if you wanted to keep less drive than boost up to 80+ psi you might select something different, as from my understanding a 47 doesnt breath on the exhaust side quite as well as a lot of 80mm+ turbos.

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
hey aggie, would you be willing to share some pics of what your twins look like?

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
if you are starting from scratch, and are going to fabricate things yourself, i would too go with one of the s300 framed turbo. Easy/cheaper to rebuild and the extended tip stuff is nice also. Plus there is a big selection of turbine and compressor wheels and housings to get you dialed in.

The reason i went with a 38r, is i already had one and also bb turbos are pretty durable. Also, i machined a 115 housing for it to accept an external wasategate, so i can slow it down or speed it up depending where i want to be as far as boost and drive are concerned. It doesnt go thru near the abuse it did as a single, as the 47 carries the bulk of the load in my setup.

The 47 is just a darn good all around turbo and spools quick for as big as it is. I do beleive if you wanted to keep less drive than boost up to 80+ psi you might select something different, as from my understanding a 47 doesnt breath on the exhaust side quite as well as a lot of 80mm+ turbos.
So your saying combine a 38 and a 47? i don't know a whole lot about turbos.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts