Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yes there were a few of them pissing oil!!
I guess I REALLY wanted to be part of that club....

On the plus side I now have all the $$$ together and am on the lookout for a crew cab 7.3L.... Found a nice looking black 2002 CCSB locally....

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
nice until you get to the pmr part:poke:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
He swapped out his PMR's in his current block for a set of forged... I think he did it over a weekend too.. LOL

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
He swapped out his PMR's in his current block for a set of forged... I think he did it over a weekend too.. LOL
Yep... Plan on swapping my engine and tranny over to a new larger platform...

We pulled my engine out on a friday night... Pulled the heads and pan and swapped the forged rods in and re installed the pan to allow it to dry over night... Saturday morning we cleaned the heads and block, installed the heads and studs and re-assembled the engine.. Saturday afternoon we put the engine back in and drove the truck out for dinner that night....

Not too worried about PMRs.....

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Found it!!!

The rear plug on the front pump, the one that gets replaced by the small allen head bolt, had a blown O ring..

I pulled all the plugs out, and to my suprise all the Orings that came in the DIY kit were hard and very poor looking... I chose to replace all the O rings anyhow... but just as a caution, for those running the DIY kit...My Orings looked poor...

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Nice..I wouldn,t give up my crew cab unless it was for something bigger.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Found it!!!

The rear plug on the front pump, the one that gets replaced by the small allen head bolt, had a blown O ring..

I pulled all the plugs out, and to my suprise all the Orings that came in the DIY kit were hard and very poor looking... I chose to replace all the O rings anyhow... but just as a caution, for those running the DIY kit...My Orings looked poor...
That is a great feeling to actually find something!! I hate it when I get it all apart and everything looks fine..LOL Nice job!!!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts