Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my TW chip last week. I got 4 position, economy, heavy tow, hight idle, and extreme. I can definitely tell that 3 is high idle and 4 is extreme but i can't tell any difference in power or shift pattern in positions 1 or 2. my question is should i be able to tell a difference in these two? Also in extreme i can tell a difference in shift pattern but its still a pretty slow shift at WOT not a really firm one like i have read others talk about, but sure is a lot more fun to drive still.

·
OBS Strokin'
188 Posts
i have never had economy... but my heavy tow tune shift points are dragged out very long deffintly wouldnt be the same as a economy tune

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Call Tony & tell him you need more line pressure, & you aren't feeling a diffrence between 1-2. In all truth if your still running little 90cc injectors you prob won't notice much diffrence.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I've E mails Tony twice, the second time was just day before yesterday but haven't heard back. I knew with small injectors it would't be a huge difference in power. I'm not really palnning on trying to make big HP, i just thought the shifts would be a more noticeable change. It could be due in part to an old still stock (till it gives up) tranny, and i'll probably do something about those injectors pretty soon too.

·
Registered
300 Posts
You gotta call Tony...They don't get to e-mails like us computer nerds do...

·
PMS medication required
455 Posts
When I first got my chip I could really tell a difference between the economy and other tunes such as daily, tow, etc. After doing some mods that changed and now I can't tell the difference between economy and daily other than shift points. Tony does this stuff on the side so he can be hard to get a hold of at times.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Tony told me he was going to be out of town this week. He will be back next week. So just wait till maybe monday or so. Afternoons are best to get him, IIRC.

·
West Bound and Down
1,115 Posts
Tony told me he was going to be out of town this week. He will be back next week. So just wait till maybe monday or so. Afternoons are best to get him, IIRC.
:whs:

Tony travels a bit for his "real job" and during those times he's pretty busy. He does his best to get caught up when he gets back in town. Ya just have to be patient.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I totally understand if he's out of town. It hard enough to keep up with one job much less two. I'll wait for my call back. Thanks for the info on him being out of town.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts