Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post!

1994 4x4 factory turbo. Last week put on psd exhaust and modified the exhaust housing. While we had it all apart we went to turn up the pump. Only got it to turn~one flat. It would not turn any further. Managed to twist and bend the Allen wrench and stopped before it broke. Looking for a little more and was interested in hearing anyone's ideas. There's no way the pump is maxed. Didn't look like anyone had been in there before and it does not smoke.

Thanks. Andrew

·
Administrator
8,621 Posts
i flat is about all you want to go.
any more than that is only a waste of fuel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not close to wasting any fuel. The only way the truck smokes at all is if it is lugged. As in going from 2nd to 5th.

Blowing smoke is not my intent here. More looking into what may be the cause of the screw not wanting to rotate in the pump

·
Registered
618 Posts
It's probably just your pump maxed out. Every single pump is different, so the factory fuel supply setting for one doesn't mean it will be the same on another.

·
Registered
534 Posts
getting more air to the motor will help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that would help and I will be messing with WG and intake after I get oil cooler fixed.

But with more air you need to fuel to go with it to actually increase power. Which is why I asked about the IP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts