Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you turn the pump up on a powerstroke ? Please no bad name callin on me im new an just curious.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can put a chip on it to get more fuel. They don't have a conventional pump like older diesels to turn up.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i thought thank you sir i was just curious. how come some people say they are turning the pump up on the obs powerstroke

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
there full of sh!t. you can on the idis but not psds

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i knew you could i was on a couple of other fourms an the said the fuel pump its self had a adjusting knob i couldnt find it on mine so i came here you guys know your stuff

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
afaik there is no adjusting knob on the fuel pump. i may be wrong but ive never seen or noticed it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad you agree. Are you in ky

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
yupp. in cadiz

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
The mechanical fuel pump on the PSDs is a rwo-stage unit. The pressure is not adjustable other than at the fuel pressure regulator (and raising much above 70 psi isn't good for the rest of the injection system). The Hydraulically-actuated Electronically-controlled Unit Injectors (HEUI) basically act as their own high pressure pumps. Want more fuel, you need modified injectors and programming to match. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
No factory switches. The 'switch' that some refer to is likely a switch for a pcm chip (which controls electronic tuning for fuel, oil, etc) that they have on the dash. In that reference, yes, you can 'turn it up'...

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
This will not "turn up the pump" but will increase fuel pressure to the injectors..... Do a search on shimming the fuel regulator, also called the BB mod. Inexpensive to do and may make your truck run a bit smoother. As noted above for significant change you need to get a chip/programer and injectors, with supporting mods like a down pipe and gauges.

jrc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts