Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Corona Killa
1,727 Posts
Where is CSI cant wait for him to read this post.

·
Corona Killa
1,727 Posts
I think we might need to start another thread in the smack talk fourm for this what do you guys think.

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
So now, along with not spooling, they surge!! Sounds great, where do I get one?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Surging? Hummmmm I dont know what to say other then if it is... atleast it will get fixed...

Hey David, any word on when I might see my GTP-38r that doesnt surge or leak?

·
RDRCM
1,922 Posts
Let's try to relegate posts to the topic at hand, not what's happened in the past. :smirk:
How come you never say this in a GTP38R post? I also read earlier this morining about a TN breaking the shaft on a stock injected truck. Dang right they have good service, they've had practice.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
How come you never say this in a GTP38R post? I also read earlier this morining about a TN breaking the shaft on a stock injected truck. Dang right they have good service, they've had practice.
Not sure what you're referring to. If you'd like to discuss it further PM me and keep it out of this thread.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It seems to only surge when I get into the 140 setting of my DP chip, doesn't seem to do it in the 80 econo. But it shouldn't matter what setting its in should just spool up and take off and not give me the "woosh-woosh-woosh" crap. What sucks is that if I have to replace it, I'm out the money I pay my installer and time the truck is down.. TN prolly doesn't pay that do they :supergay:

·
Corona Killa
1,727 Posts
All you can do is ask if they will cover it and in your first post you said you called BWD so did you buy the turbo from them also.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes I got the turbo from BWD (from Kevin there).. I called and they said Kevin was out for a bit but the person I talked with said "no way" is it surging.
So I hope they step up and make it right. I am gonna try to shoot a 30 second video of it surging and post it if I can since I know there are doubters.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
what's the elevation in Spokane?
does anyone have a .84 that's not at high altitude? the reason i ask is maybe it has something to do with elevation and the .84. i can lug the snot out of mine with a 1.0 on it and it will not surge, ever.
i am sure they will get it fixed. posting the video sounds like a good idea, similar to the other BB video.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
It seems to only surge when I get into the 140 setting of my DP chip, doesn't seem to do it in the 80 econo. But it shouldn't matter what setting its in should just spool up and take off and not give me the "woosh-woosh-woosh" crap. What sucks is that if I have to replace it, I'm out the money I pay my installer and time the truck is down.. TN prolly doesn't pay that do they :supergay:

I will meet you and swap the turbo out for you... You name the place, and I will be there, free of charge.;)

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
what's the elevation in Spokane?
does anyone have a .84 that's not at high altitude? the reason i ask is maybe it has something to do with elevation and the .84. i can lug the snot out of mine with a 1.0 on it and it will not surge, ever.
i am sure they will get it fixed. posting the video sounds like a good idea, similar to the other BB video.

I have tested mine with the 1.00 housing and the .84 housing from Vegas to seattle, and from bend to colorado with no surge. But it is possable that there is something going on... Could even be a wastegate issue.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Spokane is about 1900 feet in elevation.. Thanks for your kind offer CSIPSD! I am waiting for BWD to call me back and try to figure this out. I don't think there is much doubt what I'm hearing is surge.. I will try and shoot a quick Video of it so you can tell for yourself..

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Thanks for your kind offer CSIPSD!

Not an offer... If I hear you paid to swap a turbo I will come up there and piss in your fuel tank...:poke:;)
LOL

·
Corona Killa
1,727 Posts
I will meet you and swap the turbo out for you... You name the place, and I will be there, free of charge.;)
Now that is one big time supporter of the TN products and I that is cool.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts