Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was watching some YouTube the other night and ran across a recommended video in which oil analysis reports were compared between archoil and turbomaxx, but after watching the videos this turbomaxx guy sketches me out a bit... can anyone tell me what experiences they have had with EITHER of these products, not looking for an additive battle— looking for personal experiences in 7.3 powerstrokes. Thanks guys!

·
7,983 Posts
my experience is stay away from snake oils.
i have never had any issues at all with any of my diesels, and have accumulated well over 2 million miles over the past 35 years on my 9 diesel pickup trucks.
i used valvoline all fleet 15-40 in all my trucks, and never added anything to the oil.
the two diesel trucks i have left have 495,000 miles on the 88 IDI with turbo, and 198,000 on the 02 powerstroke

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my experience is stay away from snake oils.
i have never had any issues at all with any of my diesels, and have accumulated well over 2 million miles over the past 35 years on my 9 diesel pickup trucks.
i used valvoline all fleet 15-40 in all my trucks, and never added anything to the oil.
the two diesel trucks i have left have 495,000 miles on the 88 IDI with turbo, and 198,000 on the 02 powerstroke
Thanks for the response! 🙂

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
In a 7.3, you don't really "need" anything on the oil side.
I've ran hot shots secret and it did seem to smooth out some.
OTOH, it did nothing in my 6.0 lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts