Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Black Stroker
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a s480 turbo that came off a 7.3l. i am wanting to sell it because i ran out of money and time. If you have any questions or trades please ask. It can be yours for 2300, brand new was 4200.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
wait a minute, this is a $1,000 turbo brand new. How could it be so expensive? Does it come with a mount it?

·
Black Stroker
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its from swamps diesel and cost 4200 brand new

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Seems a little odd than I can pick a BFH from swamps for a whole lot less than 2300. Does it come with the mounting kit? What are you including in the price?

·
Black Stroker
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no mounting kit just turbo and t4 flange

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
An S480 turbo BRAND NEW from River City Turbo is $1,000 with a T6 flange, there is no way a T4i flange housing for that turbo is that much money to ask $2,300.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Seems a little odd than I can pick a BFH from swamps for a whole lot less than 2300. Does it come with the mounting kit? What are you including in the price?
Agreed. OP, I paid nowhere near that for mine, and it has the whole 9 yards, 2.6 and 3.0 covers, etc., and it wasn't even close to 2300, let alone 4200.

Did you buy it right from Swamps? I could see a BB Garrett of that size being that much, but not a Borg Warner.

Good luck with your sale, hopefully you can get that out of it.

Dave

·
Black Stroker
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The guy i bought it from said that it was brand new from swamps for 4200 and then i bought it and then wanted to go a different route with my truck. the guy said that it made 650 at the wheels which at the time 600 was my goal and i might have over paid on the turbo iam just selling it for what i paid or if anyone wants to make an offer they can. its a 80/82 and uses a t4 flange

·
Registered
70 Posts
wow got raped i would find him and get your $$$$$ back some way or another

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Post pics. That might help. Not trying to be a jerk about it, but if you want to sell it be a little flexible on the price. How many miles on it?

·
Black Stroker
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
less than 10000 and ill try to put some pics on here and iam very flexible with the price

·
10.61 @ 128 MPH
2,297 Posts
I think swamps sells these turbos brand new for around the 1750 range last time i checked. Might be cheaper .... can't remember.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts