Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving along around 60 mph , when I went for a pass on a 2 lane road. As soon as I pulled out , the thing was chugging and bucking. It put me into limp mode. Talk about dangerous. I stopped at the nearest dealership in 2 harbors mn. They said it through a waste gate turbo code. They reflashed and all is well. Anybody else have this problem? They could not give a reason why it happend. My 6.7 had 1650 miles on it when this happened.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
So the turbo was fine? It was more of a software issue?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea , the turbo is fine now. I am hoping someone can help with why it went out? Driving in limp mode is dangerous , when I was crossing a couple of intersections it was close. You need to floor it to move.

·
Registered
975 Posts
so... the turbo didn't go out? what you're saying is that it was a freak error that probably won't ever happen again? ;)

·
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•
565 Posts
iv seen this in person we had a truck at work 2011 had a turbo take a [email protected] it looked like something went through the compressor wheel and knocked it all out of wack. the 2nd compressor wheel was fine but ford had the tech run every pin point test about 5 times before they would pay him for teardown.

·
Registered
975 Posts
This problem is actually starting to show up in alot of trucks. This is the 3rd I've read about
i haven't been following the problems with the 6.7 too closely... never knew there was any issues!! but hey its a first year model, there's ALWAYS gonna be issues with a first year model... the 6.4 shot 5 foot flames when it first came out LOL

iv seen this in person we had a truck at work 2011 had a turbo take a [email protected] it looked like something went through the compressor wheel and knocked it all out of wack. the 2nd compressor wheel was fine but ford had the tech run every pin point test about 5 times before they would pay him for teardown.
interesting... was the intake in good condition still?

·
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•
565 Posts
the intake had a lil bit of debree in it from the wheel hitting the housing

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it happened again ,it is now at the ford dealership , I will keep posting until it is resolved. The turbo is physically fine , I think its in the programing.

·
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•
565 Posts
Well it happened again ,it is now at the ford dealership , I will keep posting until it is resolved. The turbo is physically fine , I think its in the programing.

dude that sucks that one with the broke turbo left that has been the only one iv seen come back so far.

·
Oil anyone?
416 Posts
Hopefully this is only a minor issue and not the start of a big problem. I wounder if this situation came up in all the testing they did prior to release?

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
something changes between the first test models and production,the same thing happens with snowmobiles.they claim to have done all this testing and everything should be great and then they unleash a big pos on the market.

·
Registered
592 Posts
It raises durability Questions about the Turbo for sure???

So far it's the Turbo going out?

The HPP Ticking/Knocking.

and the memory on the seats not working.

Can all this be Fixed with a flash from the Dealer???

a flash can't fix everything But hopefully it can fix most of these issues,i really want a F250 Crew Cab :~) Short beb....

But these Issues have me throwing up the Red Flag!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
This problem is actually starting to show up in alot of trucks. This is the 3rd I've read about
WOW,, if three is allot to you ,,,,,,,,:eek::doh:

What's a TON?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The truck is fixed. It was a code ce209. The problem was there was a gasket near the egr cooler that rubbed through a p129 ingector , which was putting it in limp mode. All is well great truck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The truck is fixed. It was a code ce209. The problem was there was a gasket near the egr cooler that rubbed through a p129 ingector , which was putting it in limp mode. All is well great truck.
Thanks for the update. Keep us posted. Glad it was no big deal.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The problem was there was a gasket near the egr cooler that rubbed through a p129 ingector
Theres an Injector near the Cooler ? Can somebody shine some light on this???

I don't understand this at all :~(

·
Registered
427 Posts
Theres an Injector near the Cooler ? Can somebody shine some light on this???

I don't understand this at all :~(
Probably has something to do with emissions

1 - 18 of 18 Posts