Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a possibility of getting an hx40 for next to nothing. what will i have to do to make this work?? how much of a difference will there be?? what kind of boost do the stock heads hold?? Its a 97 7.3 i only have a 3" downpipe to a 4" exhaust, a k&n air filter, and a hypertech chip. Im new to diesels so any info helps! thanks zach

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
first. . . welcome to the nation and you posted in the superduty section, there is a different section for stuff on the obs.

Im no turbo expert but if your looking for a new turbo look into a d66 its a drop in turbo.

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Pretty sure the HX40 wont do much for you.

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
if you fabbed up he parts to run it. sure.

but stock injectors prolly wont light it. hypertech programmer wont do anything much for it either.

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Toss that hypertech and get a chip from one of the tuners on here. Many many good choices that might help you spool that turbo. Not sure how good the HX40 would run on one of these motors. I have heard of HX50 on these things but not 40s. Throw a H2e in there and a set of Hybrids and you will be very happy. Save for a trans before anything though. It will go fast if you beat on your truck.

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
Not to steal this guys thread or anything...but what turbo comes stock on 8.3 cummins motors? i know its a holset but thats about it.

and i would agree with everyone that said go with a chip from one of the sponsors on here! I got my DP tuner last week and have been smiling ever since!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts