Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to have my truck studded last month so I got the upgrade bug. I found a turbo locally that I was going to get but it turned out not be exactly what I wanted. I have a 06 & was told the turbo was a billet wheel powermax. It wasn't just a 05+ with a what I think was a kc 63.5 diy. I had been eyeing a kc 1.5 & kc actually told me a 61mm would suit me well. I plan to upgrade injectors at some point so I liked the 63.5 but wanted the 66 13 blade turbine. So I picked up a 04 turbo & order a 63.5 diy & 360 rebuild kit from kc. I'm waiting on a new clamp & then a nice day to put it in. Here's a few pictures in the meantime.
20200329_203344.jpg
20200329_172906.jpg
20200329_215023.jpg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the the turbo installed today. Had my tunes revised from gearhead & put about 30 miles on it. It spools a little bit slower, not by much. Seems like maybe 200 rpm ish. But once it lights off it is definitely noticeable. Compared to the little 06 turbo it pulls a good bit longer before it signs off. Running the srl+ I get a decent puff under the turbo but it cleans it up completely as to be expected with stock sticks. He sent me an extreme tune which I didn't have before but I didn't try it. I'm almost due for fuel filters so I'll wait until after that to be sure I'm flowing all the fuel I can. I see some 175/stock injectors in the future.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
What kind of PSI are you expecting to get with that?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm really not sure. I don't have a mechanical guage, just the sct. It'll show up to 28ish but I think they fool it to not read any higher. Did the same with the stock turbo. It shows a few less psi cruising than before. Definitely spools a little slower but pulls longer than it did before. Kind of deceiving. Before it spooled fast & you kinda got a punch then it ran out of steam. Not you don't get the punch as low down but when it goes it goes if you get what I'm saying.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I changed my fuel filters & loaded the srl extreme this morning. Only put about 25 miles on it but it seemed to spool a little faster than the srl +. I also have a looney wild tune for the new turbo but haven't tried it yet. I'm happy with what it is.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About a week ago I noticed my fliter minder had moved. I replaced the filter with a new blue ford one & the truck definitely runs better. Spools a little quicker & even sounds a little different. Long story short if it's been a long time, change your filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts