Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are they worth it? if so does it matter what kind? suggestions welcome.

:confused:
Clutz

·
Registered
243 Posts
im not sure but would also like to know

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
i personally see no point it them, others like them but i just go by the egt gauge. ive cruised around in 90 degree weather with the a/c running, only took like a min for the egts to get down to 300 once i parked.

·
Registered
52 Posts
they are very nice if u are out beating on it. then u go to jump out quick and dont have to sit there and wait for it to cool down. just turn the key off and lock the truck and walk away. i love mine!! i also have stg 2 and a bigger turbo so i mean the egts get up there sometimes.

·
Registered
586 Posts
so around whats the ok egt range to turn the truck off

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Turbo timer is next to worthless, in my opinion. I have been wanting to uninstall mine for awhile. It literally takes minutes to cool the truck off to ~350-450 which I think is plenty safe to turn off the truck. The timer just wastes fuel...

Sam

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cooling off is important for longevity. In aircraft shutdown always involves letting temperatures stabilize. If you have been running hard it make sense. Casual driving, maybe not.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Had on my eclipse I will have one on the truck soon.

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
ive ran my truck hard and never had a problem with it cooling down, i know others that have more done to their trucks and dont have turbo timers. its a waste of time money and fuel.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
ive ran my truck hard and never had a problem with it cooling down, i know others that have more done to their trucks and dont have turbo timers. its a waste of time money and fuel.
Yeah maybe to you it is ! Turbos are sure expensive . Alittle diesel is alot cheaper .

·
Registered
255 Posts
it doesnt take that long for a truck to cool back down to a safe shut down temp. turbo timers are for lazy ass people.
lazy? i dont know about that. i pull a load and when i arive i have to shut down right away and go. so this seems like a good investment

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
well then go get one, i for one will never invest in one. i have no problem sitting there for the one - two mins it takes to cool down after being ran hard.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
it doesnt take that long for a truck to cool back down to a safe shut down temp. turbo timers are for lazy ass people.
Lazy ass huh !! Any person that sits in there rig or gasser hot rod while it cools down is a tard anyway.

Down here where its hot we run from A/C to A/C, you yanks don't know about that do you ?

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Apexi makes one about that big, simple to install.

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
I suppose I should clarify, I have the Isspro Turbo Temp Monitor... It would be for sale if I could get my lazy ass to uninstall it... It really doesn't take more than 2 minutes to get your truck down to the 350 degree range which is safe. The Isspro TTM will keep my truck running for 5-15 minutes to get it to 300 degrees. You aren't going to burn up a turbo turning the truck off at 350 degrees... They are a waste, but anyone who wants one, just make me an offer for motivation :)

Sam

1 - 20 of 23 Posts