Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 96 7.3 and I'm just wondering if the 99-03 7.3 turbo will bolt onto my 7.3 in the factory spot? I just need to if it'll clear the bulk head and everything else and if it'll bolt on. I'd appreciate it if anyone knows or has an idea. Thanks!

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
it will not bolt right in. you will have to swap one of your exhaust manifolds, intake plenums if its a 99.5 and up setup, plenums can stay if you go with an e99 turbo (you can also still use you stock intake "y" on top of your intake plenums if you go this route and are not intercooling, otherwise you will need an e99 intake spyder), collectors are different, up pipes are different, pedistals are different, you would have to either go to an intercooler or find a van "y" intake pipe for the 3" plenums if you dont want to intercool, if you do want to intercool and go with a 99.5 and up setup, you will also need the 3" spyder... thats just what i can come up with off the top of my head. i believe you will have to change your downpipe also... and fwiw, i do remember reading the obs fuel bowl gets in the way of the 99.5 turbo setups...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts