Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy hell. What does turbo surge feel like.? In experiencing side of the road speed bump feeling. Help?

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
You shouldn't really "feel" turbo surge. You can definitely hear it, especially with an open intake, but you shouldn't feel much of anything as the turbo surges.

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Um what does it sound like? At around 40 mph i def felt a little vibration and heard a pulsating vibrating sound.

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
sounds like....

exhale threw your mouth, move your tongue up and down to make kinda a spuddering noise.

now imagen that sound higher pitched, and a lot faster.

if you were in your top setting or working it real hard making boost... with the stock turbo, you'll get it.

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is what it sounded like but i could feel it a little and it seemed to vibrate the truck some. i wasnt working it hard at 65mph i sort of let off the gas a little and it would start. when i was at 70mph it only did it once. hasnt yet when i have been working the truck hard.

·
Work in progress
517 Posts
I rode with a guy that had bad surge. He didnt bother to tell me until we left for a 11 hour trip and I had a new WW in my tool box:doh:
Even a little grade it made it sound like a really fast choo choo train

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is the first time i really got to try it out. there were several things that were def a little different. That for one. especially in the hotter setting. the response is really snappy. speedin up and coming back down. on economy mode the check engine light came on while going uphill. and it went back off after bout 5 min. ?

·
In Deep.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
was there any vibration to it? i think its worse the slower you go. at 65 mph its alot more sound than feeling though. is it bad? will it eventually tear by turbo up?

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
Some sort of boost fooler also would be a good thing to purchase but turbo surge in mine when I had my stocker was like a chuffa chuffa pist pist sound if you get my drift thru the intake, a WW cured it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
If you don't cure it with an ATS ported housing, then you will soon loose your turbo and who knows what else. the worst will be a turbo and a piston or two gone. A Wicked Wheel works on some and some it doesn't. an ATS ported housing works period.

Pap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts