Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried maching the silencer ring out of the compressor housing to get a little more whistle. i was going to do tis but wanted to ask b wasting my time thanks

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
ive cut one out with small 1/8" cable 2 vise grips and a vacuum, i know i know not an approved method but the kid didnt care he just wanted it out, it was on a duramax on an 03' model IHI turbo

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow.....talk about surgery.hahaha. did it make a diff in the amount it whistledor no. i like the 03 whistle but it could get a little anoying after a while plus thats the wheel anyway. just wanted a little more whistle out of it

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok. cool thanks for the info

·
ralpho
1 Posts
I want to cut out my silencer ring from my turbo. does anybody know if that would mess up my turbo or engine or anything in the future i have a 6.0 with k&n cold air intake 5in turbo bak strait pipe edge programmer can anyone tell me if i should?

·
Almost broke
67 Posts
I want to cut out my silencer ring from my turbo. does anybody know if that would mess up my turbo or engine or anything in the future i have a 6.0 with k&n cold air intake 5in turbo bak strait pipe edge programmer can anyone tell me if i should?
don't be a hack, have it machined out.

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Why even do this?

·
Longrod von Hugendong
108 Posts
More turbo whistle, but not much more. It is a common thing to do to the Holset turbos found on Cummins engines although it only takes 2 minutes to remove it on one of them. It is not worth the effort to be honest on a PSD.

·
Stock Sucks!
330 Posts
wish there was a simple way to make it sound like an 03 =/ I always got compliments on the way it sounded

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yea my non vgt doesnt whistle at all at idle. Kinda sucks

·
Longrod von Hugendong
108 Posts
My 04 turbo whistles nicely. I like my truck sounding like a diesel not a jumbo jet taking off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts