Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does my 97 7.3 have a turbo restrictor on it? ive had a couple buddies who said they have one an they took it off for more air flow, is this true? if so what it do to my truck if i took it off? would it hurt the truck at all?

thanks,chris

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what does that stand for? im new to this kind of world, an how do i take it off? an where is it located

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
Move your mouse over any letters in green and a little box to pop up saying what they mean.

You wont be "taking it off" you will be removing the valve out of the exhaust side of the turbo, and also plugging the hole where the rod comes out of the pedistal that moves the valve open and closed. To do it right you will have to remove the turbo.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh wow i never knew that, thank you, but where is it located? an would it give me a louder turbo whistle?

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
No the valve in located in this piece between the turbo and the downpipe.

Here's what my old pedistal looks like after being modded, this one is currently on catrebels truck.

I dont have any pics of removel or install or of my new pedistal.

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
You remove the turbo, and the valve is connected to a rod that comes out of the turbo pedistal.

If you do a search there's prolly a thread on here explaining how to do it.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i removed mine, i think it sounds cleaner an runs smoother, will keep posted if any changes, thanks yall

·
<----Nice headlights!!!
1,868 Posts
I bought a part that bolts in place of the ebpv housing and then you dont have to destroy the ebpv housing. Never know when those things will be of use or become an expensive part that people want.

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
not that i know of. there prolly talking about the "silencer ring" in a cummins turbo. they can be removed for more whistle. afaik the psd turbo doesnt have anything like that.

·
IH Diesel Power
732 Posts
There is no silencer ring in any 7.3 Turbo charger

1 - 20 of 22 Posts