Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have 2 sets of turbos for my truck. The tech says one of the turbos that was on the truck was bad and the other was close. The LP endplay was .015 and the RAD was .025. The HP end play was .004 and the RAD was .022. Is that bad? The other set doesnt really have an in/out play but it does have up and down play.
Does anybody on this site rebuild turbos? I called ford and they cant get parts. Just new turbos.
Thanks. Ryan

·
Registered
20 Posts
If all of the oil is out of the bushing housing you will have some movement. Call Diesel Injection Service they can give you the manufacture min/max tolerances of the turbos. That is where I get all of my turbo parts. You will need the turbo ID to help them get the correct parts and specs.. PH# 616-531-1030, they are located in Wyoming MI

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually called them about 20 minutes ago to get prices on a rebuild. Didnt actually get the specs. Do they know the specs for movement w/out oil in the bushing housing?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am not sure how you are taking your measurements but these are the specs

LP turbo axial endplay max .008"
radial shaft movement max .035"

HP turbo axial endplay max .008"
radial shaft movement max .035"

I think that your LP may have excessive axial movement but not to bad. I would just get the rebuild kit and do it yourself.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually didnt take the meausurements. The tech at ford did then they denied my warranty.

I will probably do that. Any special tricks when rebuilding? special tools?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome. Thanks a lot. Ryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts