Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to do oil cooler next week. I am curently running a 62/80 II turbo. While taken apart I would like to rebuild / upgrade wheels to the turbo. I know there is the batmowheel for stockers and pmax. And I know a lot of the twinned guys play around with different wheel setups. Are there any options for my 62/80?

·
Caterpillar Tech.
117 Posts
I think they do have a 62mm batmowheel that would work on your turbo....give bullseye turbo a call

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
The drop in batmowheel's are only for stock turbochargers,

You'll have to buy a whole new turbocharger to get a batmowheel 62 fromm bullseye. If you want to rebuild that 62/80 I would highly recommend getting BD's diverter valve, it will significantly increase spool up time

·
Caterpillar Tech.
117 Posts
The drop in batmowheel's are only for stock turbochargers,

You'll have to buy a whole new turbocharger to get a batmowheel 62 fromm bullseye. If you want to rebuild that 62/80 I would highly recommend getting BD's diverter valve, it will significantly increase spool up time
I think they made the wheels for the s300 base turbo also

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
yeah they make them, but not drop in's they only make the s300 wheels to be used with their turbos as they modify the compressor cover as well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I called the guy at bullseye today and he said he could sell me a compressor cover and billet wheel for $700. But honestly what kind of gains would I see from that? $700 worth???

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
you will probably see a decent gain to be honest, the 62mm batmowheel flows like a 64mm charger and spool up will be quicker..

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From my understanding (which may be wrong considering I spoke with bullseye after a 12 hour night shift) he said it was just a billet wheel and not a batmowheel.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok scratch that. Jus tlooked at bullseye's site again. says they offer the 62mm wheel. and I guess I would have to get the "race cover" so the batmowheel would work on the II turbo?

pizza pig. what would your estimate of a ..decent gain.. be? bc on the website they are saying 100whp. I honestly dont see that. Not saying it wouldnt be REALLY nice, especially with lower EGTs. But honestly???100whp??? Doubt it..

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
Honestly I dont even know if they would sell just the housing and the batmowheel separate you have to call them again or e-mail Bill Divine over there and ask if they will.

As far as gains I cant say i'e never used one (yet) but if a 62 flows like a 64 than with proper fueling you will see gains in that ballpark no doubt.

·
Registered
207 Posts
you could send your turbo back to ii and have your 62/80 turned into a 66/80 i did this a few months back and with the rebuild it cost me just about 900. but i had some cracks in my exhaust housing and what not. but all the repairs, the new impeller and bored out housing came to the 900. so if you dont have the cracks you should get it for cheaper. dont ask what difference it made because i havent ran it yet.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not sure I want a 66. I think the 62 is a little laggy for my liking. But when she does spool woohoo. Im not really looking for more power (thought its always nice). Really looking more for better spooling and lower EGT's. The batmowheel should help both correct?

Any idea what kind of boost I will have? I am only at about 38 right now WOT.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Honestly I dont even know if they would sell just the housing and the batmowheel separate you have to call them again or e-mail Bill Divine over there and ask if they will.
He will. He said he would sell me the wheel and the cover for $700 IIRC.

Any one know the turnover time once you order a part from them? I am looking to order probably next week. As soon as I get a motor swap in my Heep Wrangler done. So I can have something to drive while I tear in the deeshul.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
pretty sure he's got everything there ready to go, I inquired about a turbo and they had them on the shelves, so they've gotta have the parts there

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok last dumb question for the day... Are there ANY ill effects from swapping in that batmowheel? I mean it almost seems too good to be true.

Less lag
More power
Lower EGTs.

I see what all the buzz is about. and for the $$.. I dont know how you could argue with the gains at all. Seems like a no brainer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts