Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently rebuilding my turbo.

I'm concerned with the new bearings that came in the kit.

Old bearing have an O.D. of 0.628
New bearings have an O.D. of 0.617

They fit snugly on the shaft, but move up and down in the housing WAY more then the old bearings...

Anyone have any input on this?

Also, anyone have torque specs on these turbos?
Thanks guys

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any one have torque specs on these OBS turbos?

Thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
Is this a reman turbo? I had one and it had under/oversize bearings in it. I dont know the torque specs, just dont over torque the compressor wheel, its easy to strip out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if this turbo is a reman.

I pulled it from a junkyard truck. Its from a 95 and apparently it has a 99 style compressor wheel....

These bearings are loose. Before I put it together, I'm gonna try and get ahold of another turbo for measurments.

Man, if this was pirate4x4.com people would be all over these measurments, build threads, etc etc

·
Registered
446 Posts
Well then go post at pirate4x4 since they know everything over there. I couldn't find the info on torque specs when I rebuilt mine. I followed guzzle's van turbo rebuild.

·
Registered
446 Posts
And if it has a 99 style compressor wheel then I'd guess that it was rebuilt. Or maybe somebody just felt like swappin the compressor wheel for the hell of it.

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well then go post at pirate4x4 since they know everything over there. I couldn't find the info on torque specs when I rebuilt mine. I followed guzzle's van turbo rebuild.
HAHAHAHA, I go there for off-roading info. I stay here and FTE for diesel stuff.

this kid seems to be a d!(k, dont like our site get off
Ha, I'm a d!(k? No, far from it. Well, sometimes... but usually in a sarcastic way so everyone knows it. So is that really truely being a d!(k?

I would do a search on this sight and the internet before I bash someone.
How To: Rebuild Your Own Turbo - Diesel Power Magazine
I didn't bash anyone... Now I have to reread what I posted b/c I didn't mean for it to sound like I bashed Dave186...

But thanks for the Link (winkfab).

I search for these things, but google shows soooo much BS and unrelated stuff. You know what the funny thing is... I posted some info on my stock turbo (while back, maybe on a different site) so future people could find the info I was looking for (info wasn't coming up in ANY threads) and I had someone say... "Why didn't you just ask us?" "We could have just told you, someone on here has a turbo laying around and we could have measured stuff for you"...... well, people DO ask. And get little response. So who's the d!(k now? Suck it barlowboyz. Kid? Ha. I own my own house and my own business. I could assume things like you and say you probably live at home with mommy and daddy. But I won't, cause now your a cool guy and I'm not.

·
Registered
446 Posts
haha, I wasn't tryin to be an a$shole, just throwin in a little sarcasm of my own. The rest of the comment was meant to be helpful. I've asked my fair share of questions around here and I know it sucks when nobody responds.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That link was a nice write up. Even gives some torque values.

Thanks for the link.

12 ft-lbs for the 4 bolts that hold the aluminum back plate onto the bearing housing.

10 ft-lbs for the compressor wheel.

12 ft-lbs for the bolt on the compressor cover.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts