Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. i have a question about turbo sizes for my set up. my obs has a swamps gen3, swamps 250/50 hybrids, full aero motive fuel system, head studs, swamps tuned TS 6 pos, fluidampr, gt38r, 3in plentums, intercooler and a fully built trans. my question is what size charger could i jump up to and not lose good driveabilty and towing capability. i dont tow often and it probably wouldnt be heavy when i do. might tow a wrecked car home for my dad or tow a buddys truck to the track but thats probably it. reason i ask is my egt's get a little high on full throttle runs with the ts on 5-6. trucks mainly a driver, dont pull with it but might take it to the strip occasionally but that wont be often. just looking for more air to lower egt's. thanks in advance.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
A moddded h2e would be a good step up for you or a sledgehammer from swamps.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
id love to have a sledgehammer.. i just want something that will work with my injectors because swamps JUST went through them. i mean like LITERALLY just went through them. i dont have even have them back yet. i wanted them go to alittle bigger but jonathan said he wouldnt take em any bigger untill i had a bigger charger. but then i had a miss and they had to be gone through.. so now i dont want to have to pull them again and have them gone through AGAIN. i am pretty sure i can get a GTA42.. it has a big t6 housing on it but im sure i could get a smaller housing... how would that be?

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
for all out street ablility and good performance its hard to beat a 66mm h2e or similar s300 setup. any larger and IMO you loose the ability to tow much at all. Ive ran alot of turbo combos and the 66mm h2 was by far my favorite for an all around setup.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but is an h2e any better than the 38r i have now? to go to an h2e ill have to get OBS up pipes and mount and pedistal. what foot is the factory obs mount? t3, t4?

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
H2e will work for superduty set ups also. Im putting one on my e99. You will get a little more out of a h2e but loose alot of the backpressure. Plus they are cheap to rebuild.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i thought an h2e bolted up to the stock obs mount.. what will i have to change on my truck to use an h2e?

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
The OBS mount will not fit an H2E. The 38r and the stock turbo are reverse rotation turbos. The H2E is conventional rotation and reguires a whole different mount.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok. thats what jonathan was talking to me about when he was at my place tuning my truck. looks like ill be waiting awhile for that.. cant swing $1800 for just a mount. thanks for schooling me guys.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Your best bet, IMO, and like many others would be an H2e setup

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Carson also makes a mount. alot cheapor and people like his design better. :ford:

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
yes sr.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok. thanks again. i just want a little more charger to bring egts down some. i mean i love the way this 38r spools and pulls good. but when i get to higher speeds and longer runs the egts get a little high for my liking.

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Hey white97350 did you get your 3 in. intake plenums from swamps?

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
no they are stock SD plenums. id like to have some of those nice billet ones.
Oh ok lol.. well i want to upgrade mine to the three inch but dont think ones off superduty will work with stock turbo, swamps sells an upgrade tho for abt 50 bucks so might jus go that route

1 - 20 of 21 Posts