Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Building Farmboy Monster
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck is a 2000 6spd,so ive been thinking about my turbo opions, i just orderedb some 230cc hybrids from beans with 100% nozzles, ive got a pretty much brandnew stock turbo with an Xwheel, ats housing, and 1.0 exhaust housing gutted ebv, i know this wont be enough to get full potential out off my injectors, but since i dont have the moeny for a turbo at the moment i have two opions, run that turbo, or run a stock turbo off a 2001 24v, ive thought about setting up a h2 and since my tranny is out itd be really easy to work on the setup, then later on get a bigger turbo. need some help guys what should i do?

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
The turbo off of a 5.9 is even smaller than your stocker, so yeah, don't waste your time.

If you can afford an H2e now and build a mount kit for it that would be great, and later if you want you could get it modded. At least you wouldn't really have to worry about killing it like your stocker.

If you can't do an H2e or something similar right now, turn the chip down and be easy on it. If ya can't afford it now, breaking the stocker won't help the situation. ;)

Dave

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I vote for the H2E, just be kind to the stocker while you are saving the money for the H2E.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Couldn't you see if anyone would buy your mod.stock turbo and put that money towards the new turbo. I know thats what i should do,i thought i would of blew it by now.:doh:

·
Building Farmboy Monster
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alrighty thanx guys, i think im just gonna save for a gt42

1 - 6 of 6 Posts