Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving my truck yesterday and it was going around 1,500 or any rpm that was maintained for some distance and my turbo would make like a hell of a weird noise i never hear before like it was like giant hairdryer sound but it was constant. . it was not like the turbo whistling it was like alot louder and sounded like ####.? what could this be?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
^^^^^ This. Best described as a "whoooosh" sound? Goes away when you git on the go-pedal? That's the EBPV. Sensor could be bad, or the tube that leads to it could be clogged. Gazillions of threads on the topic; just search on "EBPV". Other options are to decommission or remove it.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
It was almost two years after I bought my truck that I heard the ebpv on my truck, it didn't operate before I did my exhaust. After the exhaust it did it driving down the road, I just unplugged the Damn thing.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I am about to unplug mine and I would like to delete it. It either comes on when the truck first starts and opens about 10 second later, or it stays on my whole drive even when its warm. But if I don't hear it open at start-up I can shut it off and start it right back up and it will open. Its starting to get on my nerves.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I agree with everyone else, 99% sure thats you ebpv sticking. Sounds like someone just put plate in your exhaust right after the turbo, no power when you first accelerate it seems fine for a sec or so then comes on?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts