Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted this on another site but wanted some more opinions

i took off my intake tube the other day to look at my turbo and this is what i found....

i havent heard anything sounding like its hitting the housing but it did have some shaft play but not too much IMO

how bad is this?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
That's pretty bad.....

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Ouch !!!

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
thats the worse ive seen yet,looks like it sucked up a rats nest.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ya that is pretty BAD!! I have tore up some turbos but not like that. What intake are you running?

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
the metal pieces had to go somewhere... in your engine

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya that is pretty BAD!! I have tore up some turbos but not like that. What intake are you running?
what intake ya running? and that sucks sorry to see that.
i bought the truck with 155,000 miles had a K&N on it for who knows how long, i have 180,000 on it now and just recently switched to a DIY

the metal pieces had to go somewhere... in your engine
i dont even wanna think about that

·
Registered
262 Posts
Looks like its time to pull it off. That is pretty ugly. It's not hard or expensive to rebuild the turbo. If you have fuel leaks it's the perfect opportunity to fix that also. Check for up pipe leaks too. If a little bit of metal did some real damage you would know it by now.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like its time to pull it off. That is pretty ugly. It's not hard or expensive to rebuild the turbo. If you have fuel leaks it's the perfect opportunity to fix that also. Check for up pipe leaks too. If a little bit of metal did some real damage you would know it by now.
the truck hasnt shown any signs of damage, still runs great

·
Registered
262 Posts
Good deal. Take care of that turbo though. That wheel could come apart. That would be real bad.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good deal. Take care of that turbo though. That wheel could come apart. That would be real bad.
yeah thanks im gonna look into another wheel and a rebuild kit, would it be worth it to get an SD wheel?

·
Gone Broke
1,072 Posts
Just get a d66. thats what i wanta do

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just get a d66. thats what i wanta do
yeah thats what i wanna do too, i just dont have the funds right now. hopefully i can start saving now and get enough to buy one

·
Gone Broke
1,072 Posts
Same problem i got. but i will have one

1 - 16 of 16 Posts