Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving on the highway and then my truck started to make a loud whistling sound. I stopped to look at it but couldnt figure anything out, so i kept driving. Then the whistling sound went away, but now my turbo doesn't seem to be working. There really isnt any turbo whistle and when i press on the accelerator the turbo doesn't seem to kick in. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

·
Registered
922 Posts
turbo might be sticking

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i will look at those things. Also I have been looking around to see what the problem could be and people said it could be a problem with the EGR cooler or even the turbo tubes. Could it be that too?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, i think i can smell the exhaust coming more of from under the hood if that can help the diagnoses at all.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My turbo makes a small moan on accel and decel. Sounds more like a sigh. I still have power.....it will hit 0-60 pretty quick. The truck is showing a p0046 code. Does yours do anything like that?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mine makes a moaning sound and it takes for a while for me to get up to speed. My truck isnt showing any codes though

·
matt
911 Posts
vains sticking

·
Registered
10 Posts
This pricey little sensor may be the culprit....

List: Search for 'egr635' | O'Reilly Auto Parts

...it was for me at least and you description is very similar to the problem i recently had...

The sensor is a bit sensitive. Facing the side of the motor on the drivers side look at the font of the valve cover. Directly below the coolant reservoir on the drivers side you will see a tube coming up from the side of the valve cover which is threaded into the exhaust manifold. On the top of the tube you will see an electrical connector. That is the sensor.

The tube could also be clogged with soot so take a piece of weed-eater line and run it through to clean it out.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
check the uppipes one of the bellows probably broke, this will cause a severe loss in drive pressure which means you wont build boost. Youll know its cracked because there should be soot on the firewall.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok thank you, i am going to look at that tomorrow morning. did yours loose all power or did you have some power? Mine i have very little power at first but then when i floor it almost, I get the turbo to kick in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, let me know how that goes for you. im curious on what it could possibly be. I still havent figured out what is wrong with mine

1 - 15 of 15 Posts