Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv got a 97 powerstroke, all stock planning on putting a chip in it sometime soon here, but im also looking to get a little more boost out of the stock turbo without any major modifications until its time to rebuild the motor, anybody have any ideas?

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
You'll just overspeed/overwork the stock turbo and eventually kill it by trying to push it harder. It gets out of it's map up past 25-26lbs of boost.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
iv got a 97 powerstroke, all stock planning on putting a chip in it sometime soon here, but im also looking to get a little more boost out of the stock turbo without any major modifications until its time to rebuild the motor, anybody have any ideas?
3" downpipe and DIY intake will help it breath easier and would suggest the DP prior to chipping it and put some gauges on it too, to monitor EGTs and boost pressure.

You can put on a 1.0 A/R exhaust housing this will increase bottom end performance and is a good mod IMO. Pending what you plan on doing with your ride and what gears, tranny, size tires you have it might be a good mod that will make a notable difference. I have one on mine and for what I do and how my truck is equipped it works great.

jrc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts