Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is there not a market for high performance turbo manifolds for diesels like there is on gas motors? Does it not make a difference for diesels like it does gas motors?

·
mmmm...beer....
418 Posts
Good question.

There's a few nice one off sheet intakes around on race trucks. Not much else aside from Dougs and a couple of other similar intakes.

If you ask me, a big factor is that many diesel guys are still stuck in the same ol' line of thinking that you don't need breathabiltiy in the intake, heads, and exhaust on a turbo motor. Just add more boost, right?

That seems to be the mentality amongst many. Little by little, as time goes on, you see the wheels start to turn. Who knows, in ten years or so, the diesel community might start to embrace the facts that the gasser community came to realize years ago.:doh:LOL

·
Registered
586 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. You can always turn up the boost but when you have efficiency you make real power.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking the same thing. You can always turn up the boost but when you have efficiency you make real power.
Exactly what I was thinking. Your motor is like a pump... The faster you can get what you need both in and out and flow throughout the more power you will make

1 - 4 of 4 Posts