Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
truck looses boost going at crusing speeds and then comes back to life once i get in to it harder. I can hear what sounds like air escaping, but like i said above if i get into it harder it boosts up.

Any ideas??

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It will go away after about 30 minutes most of the time.

·
Need more power!!
358 Posts
Is it cold out? Is the truck up to operating temps? Sounds like EBPV. Do a search on it and you will find a bunch of stuff.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah it was below 30 out when it was doing it. it seemed to get better once it ran for 30 minutes or so.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
even while crusing?

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
If it does it while cruising then the ebp tube is prolly clogging up, but at the same time it's job is to close to aid in engine warm up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so there is no fix for it? and i should be fine to just run it

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Fix is to gut it as in removing it.

BTW Just seen your location, my grandparents use to have a place there before my grandpa died. Used to be up there every summer for the fair and 4th of july, miss it up there.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i dont have to have a EBPV?

yeah we have the best fair around. It is definitely a fun place to live

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
so i dont have to have a EBPV?

yeah we have the best fair around. It is definitely a fun place to live
Nope, I unplugged mine then deleted it once I was able to.

I remember being up there before there was a walmart or a home depot and a lot of other things up there.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is there a delete kit i can buy?

Yeah its definintely. i remember that also. back before the tanger mall got its make over. when the glens used to be by M55

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
is there a delete kit i can buy?

Yeah its definintely. i remember that also. back before the tanger mall got its make over. when the glens used to be by M55

I can get you a price on a non ebpv turbo pedestal, you will then just need a small pipe plug to plug the hole where the rod is for the valve.

I havent been up there in a few years, kinda hard since my grandpas passing. I'm only a few hrs south of ya over by flint.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok yeah let me know on a price. Then I can put the plug and a snap ring in there. So I doesn't back out.

I have family down in Durand holly linden and davison.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Ok yeah let me know on a price. Then I can put the plug and a snap ring in there. So I doesn't back out.

I have family down in Durand holly linden and davison.
PM on the way.

I'm actually in Lapeer, check out the regional row section for the next get togethe. Next one up is in January.

·
Registered
42 Posts
check your Y up pipe from underneath the truck.....mine's leaking from the joint...same thing as your's....lost of power....i can hear blowing nosie from under the truck.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok thanks billc i'll check that in the day light see if i can see a crack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts