Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
PSN 7.3
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone just trying to figure out if this is a common problem i was doing an air test through my intake and i am getting a hiss, what seems like behind the turbo but when i spay the area with soapy water i see nothing. its need the EBPV does anyone have a clue what this could be. when i pull anything my truck does not want to comply. It is hard to get up to 60 and when i do the is a loud woosh sound and it does not stop until i reduce my speed. any ideas or comments would help thanks.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
You either have a pre turbo exhaust leak, ebpv is sticking shut, or you are experiencing turbo surge, which is really noticable when truck drops into overdrive. Look on your firewall and up pipes for soot

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
No. The pcm commands the truck to idle high when oil temp is below a certain tenperature with the parking brake on. The valves have been known to stick shut/randomly shut while driving

·
Registered
28 Posts
ya bought a new wheel should be in soon one more thing eliminated.
Sounds like a dirty/plugged ebpv. Unhook the sensor at the front of the motor and see if that stops the hissing. Ebpv opening and shutting at the wrong time when driving will cause your truck to loose boost. If stops when unplugged there's Your problem.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Sounds like a dirty/plugged ebpv. Unhook the sensor at the front of the motor and see if that stops the hissing. Ebpv opening and shutting at the wrong time when driving will cause your truck to loose boost. If stops when unplugged there's Your problem.
Totally wrong bud. Youre are referring to the ebps, not the ebpv. The two are not related. The ebps measures backpressure and reports it to the pcm to control fueling among other things. The ebpv sensor or "exhaust pressure regulator" operates off oil pressure to open and close the ebpv.

·
PSN 7.3
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
correct and i just tried to clean that the other day took the entire tube out i will try to unplug it though and i am also going to delete the ebpv soon i live in Houston Texas and our coldest winter days are in the 20's so i think i can wait that short period of time for the engine to heat up. thanks for all the help please keep em coming i really want to squash this bug i know its either oil or boost leak but still just not there.

·
PSN 7.3
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
unplugged the ebpvs and still a little shaky there was some oil on the sensor though maybe i have a leak in the pedestal i am gonna buy a delete pedestal and i wanted to avoid buying the ebpv replacement but i have no clue where to buy a freeze plug also have never seen what to do to cover the hole on the bottom just another freeze plug or is that sealed?

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
your local napa, oreillys, auto zone, etc should have freeze plugs. and you will need two to cover the top and bottom of where the shaft for the ebpv goes through the exhaust flange

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
As I already told you, they will do that sometimes. You need to delete the damn thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts