Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
6.0 strokin
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would make my truck stop sounding like an f18 jet? The turbo has been cleaned and still you barely hear it but I'm putting out full boost. It's a 2003 so I know what it should sound like and what it did sound like at one time. What could possibly do this? Thanks guys

·
6.0 strokin
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a stock vgt but I'm not sure on the strategy? How do I tell? Where is my exhaust back pressure sensor at? Also how can I change the strategy? Thanks so much guys

·
6.0 strokin
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Truck has same power it always did and the cac boot is still on

·
6.0 strokin
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't see a crack in the boots if there is, truck isn't throwing codes either

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
I would place my guess on the ebp sensor, best way to check it is to have someone run a scan for ya and see if your levels are normal or not

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you have an SCT, you can read your strategy with that. My opinion is that first ebp strategy isn't worth messing with. It might save your ficm, but its finicky. If you want to run a tuner, you can have them change that in the file. However for me, it wasn't that great on fuel and I could never get the ebp to cooperate. Just an opinion. I took mine to Ford for reflash. It was even covered on a recall.

·
6.0 strokin
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you have an SCT, you can read your strategy with that. My opinion is that first ebp strategy isn't worth messing with. It might save your ficm, but its finicky. If you want to run a tuner, you can have them change that in the file. However for me, it wasn't that great on fuel and I could never get the ebp to cooperate. Just an opinion. I took mine to Ford for reflash. It was even covered on a recall.
So when your ebp wasn't cooperating was your turbo acting up as far as sound and did you still have the same power? I appreciate your help this is just driving me bonkers I don't think it's an expensive fix I just can't pin point it from all the variables. I just wish I could get it back to normal I miss my highway jet :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts