Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 F250 6.0
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m currently having issues with my 06 6.0 turbo. I purchased the truck about 6 months ago, after it had sat for about 1-2 years. Gentlemen would only start it up and drive it around every now and again. Iv noticed there is no turbo spoiling at idle. Iv replaced the VGT sensor, and took out the turbo and cleaned it. Unison ring was almost fused down due too sitting however non of that fixed the issue. It doesn’t build boost until around 20-25 mph depending on if it’s cold or warm. It is tuned with SCTx4 tuner. Wondering if a new compression wheel, unison ring and veins would fix these issues.it doesn’t lose boost, rolls straight black but not the normal jet you expect from a 6.0. Is bullet proofed and has an after market 5inch pipe. She is very very quite not the jet you expect from the 6.0 and no spoiling at idle. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Check the tube to the MAP sensor for cracks, breaks, etc. Also, check to see if the pressures all match with key on engine off. MAP, barometer, and EBP should all be close to the same number. You may also want to remove the EBP sensor and run some weed whacker string down through the pipe to clean it out. Other than that, hard to say without seeing some of those numbers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts