Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i pulled my turbo and pedestal today because i have a rebuild kit/bellowed up pipes and ww2 here ready to go on. I understand how to rebuild the turbo and put the wicked wheel on and all that but what i still am not quite sure of is how to do this ebpv delete? I dont want to buy the delete pedestal just want to gut and plug mine and i cant find anything step by step with pics.

Another question is while i have all this out im going to pull the valve covers and do the 50 cent mod but still not sure exactly how to do that?

I have a fuel rebuild kit here that needs put on also. Should i do that now while its all apart? I need the truck monday so have to get this all finished this weekend.

·
Registered
853 Posts
You can look up the 50 cent mod on youtube and it will show you how to do it and as for the ebpv delete I wouldn't have a clue when I rebuilt my turbo I left it on some do some don't I think you can google torque specs for the valve covers but I would figure as long as there good and tight I don't see any reason to torque them just check them after you drive around for a week or so

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks. I meant what bolts should i torque under the valve covers though. Anybody tell me what they do with the plug on the ebpv pedestal? I got the rest figured out with freeze plugs and pipe thread plugs but was also wondering what material it was and if i could just weld the holes closed for peace of mind

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I answered all my own questions but when i was ulling the fuel bowl i had to take the ebp sensor off and broke it trying to unplug it. Is there a way to override it and get rid of it now that the ebpv is gone

·
Registered
853 Posts
Look up on google a way to delete the ebp sensor

·
Registered
118 Posts
Did you get the 360* thrust bearing rebuild kit for the turbo? Would be worth it while you have it off. Barder Turbo sells em.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I broke my ebp sensor trying to.unplug it so i just threqded the sensor bqck in q tied up the plug. Am i hurting anything or will i see any bad effects by doing this? Also i beleive my fuel bowl is still leaking even after i rebuilt it. How tight should the fuel lines be and any common leaks even qfter a rebuild? Sorry for the bad typing im on my phone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts