Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have no way to look up specs on garrett chargers. if anyone out there does, could you tell me about this charger. im not real familiar with garrett chargers but i believe its a gta42. its on a detroit 60 right now. any help would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I can't find that part number anywhere for being a garret turbo...strange.... This is the closest I found.. but still not exact...

Detroit Diesel

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm... i wonder if it has anything to do with the fact its off a show engine. im getting it from school and the school got it from detroit... it was a show engine they had on display.

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Detroit does not evan have that turbo as a part number. I cant figure it out

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dunno. i honestly have no way to look it up. i guess ill run down to the detroit dealer and see. theres one a short drive down the way from me.

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
What you should do is take it apart and messure the wheels. That will tell you what you need to know..

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea. i cant. its at the school im attentind to get cat certified or whatever they call it and one of my teachers said they were doing some summer cleaning and that might be part of what the pitch. if i want the turbo i had to take a detroit 60 series engine to get it. he hasnt actually got the approval yet to start pitching stuff yet. so he doesnt want me taking it apart just yet or i would.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts