Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So found this gem but im not to familiar with the turbos etc to see what it is. I didn't see garrett or a main name on it but it has a 4 inch inlet and numbers are on it

10197 dp10001 usa
6068006- this number was on it like a tag hard to read but I believe these are the numbers

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Post a picture of comp/exhaust side

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will get some better pics here in a few days when I cam get it off but here are 2 I have now.

It does have a 4 inch inlet. Couldn't see numbers on turbo ( no light and pita) exhaust side was not very large it didn't seem but that's eye bailing it also

Attachments

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
That is a drop in replacement turbo for the 99-03 7.3 PSD. There have been several drop in type turbos developed over the years that have not had any more performance than a standard OE turbo. A few names that come to mind that have not been able to come out on top are High Tec Turbo "Big Bad Wolf", Gillette Diesel "Ball Buster" Turbonetics Turbo, USA Turbo and Precision Turbos. These companies have tried to copy one another and market a drop in turbo for the 7.3 crowd. Some of them are no longer being manufactured and have been a huge flop. BD Diesel a few years ago acquired the rights from one of the names above to a drop in style turbo and is now selling a similar turbo under the BD label. They have been marketed for the 400hp crowd but have not been able to last long in the mid 300hp range.
Only newbees trying to test the waters are wasting money on these turbos.
I for one still own a Turbonetics turbo. It has about 25,000-30,000 miles on it and it still works like a bought it. It has been on the dyno and made 410hp with 200cc/30 nozzle injectors. Did I push it hard to an early death? No I did not.

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So with that being said do you know anything about this particular one or even a website about it yhat
Gives more info

I find it weird that turbonetics and precision are mentioned in the same sentence as under performing and flop because in the tuning world they are almost like gods

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did some searching but still couldn't find exactly what it was. On the usa turbos although they were knock offs where they bb or no

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Airfish I sent you a PM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts