Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the site and i was hoping to get some input on my project. i have a 2001 7.3 f350 4x4 dually. i am doing a number of things to try and get the most out my truck. Im not looking for high performance, just maximum efficiency. it has 370,000 mi. and still runs pretty good despite what it needs. This is what i plan on doing: installing 230* thermo and housing, melling lpop, hpop, ebpv delete pedestal, wicked wheel & turbo rebuild, ipr rebuild, new oil cooler, injector sleeves and injector orings, glow plugs and filter maintenance/oil etc. my project started with tracking down an oil leak (which ended up being from turbo pedestal, and oil cooler), figuring out what was causing my hard starts, and trying to eliminate the engine vibration when driving at lower rpms (seems to be turbo related) i had the truck plugged up and checked by diesel tech who says my compression and things like that seem to be really great despite the miles on it. so I am just giving the ol truck a much needed maintenance job. I wanted to get some feedback on the pics of my turbo to start with to see what was going on with the oil in it.. it seems to me it should be a little cleaner. i want to understand the way the powerstroke works so that i may better diagnose problems myself and know what parts affect or control other parts.. mostly knowledge of understanding. anything helps and thanks for your time!
will post pics shortly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts