Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best turbo set up i can put on a 6.0 for the money ? I have ARP head studs EGR deleat with 4" turbo back pipe with bullydog downloader. Any help would be welcome. thanks

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Get an SCT, and a VGT-SR

·
Scab
1,296 Posts
Why the SR?

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Because its just above stock, will run fine n clean up the stock injectors, but its smaller then the garrett n vgt-ss.

·
Scab
1,296 Posts
I am asking because I have one and I got it for the reasons that you stated above. Anyway I would just buy a stock replacement instead of a VGT SR if I was doing it again.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I ran an industrial 62/70 for a little with stock injectors. stay with a vgt with stock injectors. there is a bit of a deadspot around 50 or so on the non vgt. elite's sr, garrett powermax, a stock replacement or 03 turbo are all good options for stock injectors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found out that the turbo is not bad just gummed up with carbin they said something about the main vaine in the turbo is stoped up can any one tell me how to fix this problem?

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Take it apart and clean it.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
and then get an SCT and get rid of the bullydog.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I got a Garrett PowerMax turbo and love it. Slightly larger than stock '03 turbo and brand new, not a rebuild like most aftermarket VGT upgrades, cheaper too.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I got a Garrett PowerMax turbo and love it. Slightly larger than stock '03 turbo and brand new, not a rebuild like most aftermarket VGT upgrades, cheaper too.
What kind of improvements are you seeing ?
EGT's , boost psi, MPG's
I am thinking of getting one.
Where did you get it from?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Right now I'm running stock programming still, so it is just a hair laggier than stock, but not bad. Cruising on the highway I'm seeing 50-100* lower EGTs and 2-3 lbs lower boost. This is due to the larger exhaust housing and bigger intake turbine, it moves more air at lower pressure, which helps make it more efficient as it gets the air it needs with less back pressure. MPGs seem to be up about 0.5-1 mpg, but I haven't put enough miles on it to be sure. I got it from Aden at GOS Performance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had the turbo cleaned and it worked good for about a week and now if acting stupied again ! any help!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts