Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. For those of you guys running pillar gauges, are you running turbo gauges, or are you using the stock gauge in the cluster? I dont want the stock gauge to be dummied, and it goes all the way to 40 PSI...

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this was my theory. Thank you Ford!!! Im planning on EGT, Fuel pressure, and... uh... I thought tranny temp, but sounds like in other posts its not needed!

·
Registered
346 Posts
i guess thats right, i just really like to see my actual numbers not just lines and guessing, just my .02

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
this was my theory. Thank you Ford!!! Im planning on EGT, Fuel pressure, and... uh... I thought tranny temp, but sounds like in other posts its not needed!
For your first 3 get pyro, fuel pressure, and coolant temp. The stock coolant gauge is a joke...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coolant is a good suggestion. Most of these stock gauges are a joke, if you ask me anyways.

I was told by a forum member that fuel pressure is a must; as important as EGT gauge. Sounds like a winning combo.

Why are the fuel pressure gauges so exspensive compared to the pyro and others?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Coolant is a good suggestion. Most of these stock gauges are a joke, if you ask me anyways.

I was told by a forum member that fuel pressure is a must; as important as EGT gauge. Sounds like a winning combo.

Why are the fuel pressure gauges so exspensive compared to the pyro and others?
I thought the same thing when I bought mine, but it is worth it. These trucks will run for a while with no fuel pressure.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know, I cant afford to buy a new powerstroke motor. And if I could, I would buy a 7.3 and drop it in this chassis and cab... perfect truck. Anyways, I cant afford a new PSD, so I will end up paying for the little do-dadds that will helps me prolong the life of my daddy-stroke...

·
Registered
772 Posts
oil temp is good to know. I would get ect , eot, fuel press. Edge insight is a good place to start and get a fuel pressure to mount somewhere.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
I've got a boost gauge on my pillar. I also have plans in the future to add three more gauges though.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Or if ya just get a wild hair up yo azz you could do this......

If your running a tuner and give hell from time to time then a Tranny Temp would be a worthy investment...Next to watching EGT's those trans temps will ride pretty high

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
I don't have a factory boost gauge, but i love knowing exactly what my turbo is doing. Oh, and the factory tranny temp gauge is a joke, i would highly recommend it if you're buying gauges. A coolant temp, oil temp or hpop gauge, and a fuel pressure gauge are in my near future

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cshsrh, i like the four pod pillar. I thought they only made those for the OBS. I like the four pods because I would like to have an air pressure gauge for hen I end up getting airbags for the rear, I can monitor the air pressure, and not have some awkward single gauge somewhere. The top mounted gauges dont look so bad either...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts