Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
College Student
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 f350 CCLB with around 212k. Has full EGR and DPF delete. Beyond that, its stock with a S&B cold air intake.

My dad just recently told me the turbo gauge decided to start waving like crazy when the truck is running. Idle as well as driving.
He said that he cannot hear the turbo spooling up or anything weird when it is doing it though. He told me it drive normal and sounds normal. He can hear the turbo spool up and the waste gate sound just as it always has. It has also thrown a CEL and said he will get the code pulled for that possibly tomorrow.

What are any ideas that would cause this? With the truck driving normal, it leads me to think it is electrical.
They live in North Eastern Idaho where the temperatures have been well below 0 for the past 2 months with highs in the low to mid single digits. Could it just be the cold paired with the amount of miles finally leading to a sensor or something finally busting?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine does that all of the time, but the turbo never sounds different so I just ignore it! And ive put 80k on mine in the past year!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts