Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading ALOT of threads on turbo upgrades, but no definitive answers. Who is running 190cc sticks with upgraded turbo? Which one and how is it on the street?

·
Car Ramrod
300 Posts
I really like my 64 from RCD

·
Go Big or Go Home!!!
523 Posts
How is the lag?

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
The 64mm Non VGT isnt bad, I ran it, now running a VGT-SS, only problem I had with the non vgt was the tuning issue and towing steep grades. Honestly if i had a chance to go back I would if someone can tune it right, the tune I had was actually pretty good. Just hard to describe to someone exactly how it runs. But we played with it alot.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
ha lol yea ive talked to a couple unhappy people that have ran that turbo. then ive heard of people being very happy with it. do they make 2 different 64mm turbos. like different wheel housing setups? ive talked to guys that were told they were buying a towing turbo and they got a laggy racing turbo. then ive talked to guys like tex that absolutely love it and tow with one everyday.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I love my 64mm non vvt, like Bean said it made 587hp/1200ftlbs, it street friendly and tows decent but it will heat up alittle when on a steep grade and lug it but thats no biggy. Everything else is GTG.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So which 64mm non-vvt are we talking about? Also, which vendor would be the best price? I never tow, but I do put about 150-200 miles a day on her.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts