Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
could someone explain the sizing on a turbo like a 64/71/70? i know the 64 is the compressor wheel, and thinking the 71 is the exhaust wheel? ia the 70 like a .70 housing?

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
Yep that's it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
injectors are 190cc/75%over. how do you guys think the spool will be on a 62/65/.70 w/gate versus a 64/71/.70 not gated with those injectors? Would the 62 spool faster?

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
Probably noticably faster. Almost stock like.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
You'll hate the 64 non gated Trust me I know I ran it 3 yrs ago i think if not longer. stick with the 62/70 spool alot better.

·
Registered
772 Posts
thanks rescue. would it take a diverter valve to make a 64 spool up respectably quick with 190/75? I see the BD turbo advertisement flashing just below the thread lol. Compare the capabilities of a batmowheeled 62/65 w/gate versus a powermax w/batmowheel with those sticks. s300 has more upside?

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
thanks rescue. would it take a diverter valve to make a 64 spool up respectably quick with 190/75? I see the BD turbo advertisement flashing just below the thread lol. Compare the capabilities of a batmowheeled 62/65 w/gate versus a powermax w/batmowheel with those sticks. s300 has more upside?

Yes the 64mm will spool better with the divertor valve in there anything would up to a limit. Batmowheel is so getting annoying but thats me. 62mm is gonna spool fast almost like stock, powermax with that wheel people seen it get better. I like the driveablility of the powermax I got one of the first set that came out when it was released no issues here.

Here's a 64mm Non VGT- No gate or valve I hated it.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts