·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
turbo2.JPG

tur11.JPG

tur9.JPG

tur3.JPG

tur4.JPG i bought the brushes at home depot 6 to 7 bucks they worked great i put a little electric tape around them to keep them from spreading apart i used a wire when i cleaned the vain fins so they wouldnt fly across my garage you dont want to loose them caution wear safety glasses you dont want a peace of this wire flying into your eyes

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Most use the 3m pads since they'll produce a smoother finish, its what Ford recommends as well. A light coating of never-seize is a good idea, you should clean off most of what you have applied though. I apply it and then wipe the bulk off leaving just enough to color the surfaces.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i had to wipe some of the antiseize off when i reasemble it it didnt meet up flush 3m pads yea they might be better but i have to do a couple of 6liters these were cheap and did ok

·
Registered
17 Posts
How long can i expect to spend tearing out my turbo and cleaning it? can i do it in 6 hours with a full shop of tools

·
Registered
842 Posts
should be more then able too

·
Registered
842 Posts
very much so no need for cab removal to get turbo off

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
do u guys remove your alternator when u pull your turbo? cuz i couldn't for the life of me get mine snuck past the damn thing, it would wedge on the wiper cowl and the back of the alternator

·
Diesel Sled Head
1,101 Posts
Never pull the cowl or the alternator. Just takes the right angle to weasel her out. The 03s I always remove the heat cover on the exhaust side. No need on the other years. About 3-4 hours total job time including cleaning.

·
Registered
842 Posts
i always move alt to one side just leave the back left bolt in but loose and swing it a bit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts