Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for a set of 238/100% or possibly larger, what would be the recomended turbo? Moded H2E, Sledgehammer, or any other suggestions.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
My vote is for the modded H2E.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
i would move to a T4 platform, from there you could start with a gt40 or s470 and move up to a gt42 or if you end up going bigger. if you dont plan on going bigger than 238's the gt38r has been a proven setup the performs very well.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
I really enjoyed my modded H2E hybrid combo. I had a 5spd and 3.55 gears on 35in rubber and didn't have a problem with lag, if that helps at all. Idealy though you could go to a 38R being force fed by a procharger from empire diesel, just a thoughtLOL

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha. Im just going to stick with one turbo for now. Id like to pull some and may go bigger after I graduate from School and Buy a DD truck and turn this into a toy. Probably never over 400cc's though. So with the possibility of going larger it sounds like the gt40 or s470. Urbanwheeler what turbo do you run and how do you like it?

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How big can the Modded H2E Handle. And dont smite me for this but I want one that sounds pretty whicked spooling up. Like a jet taking off....

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
modded h2 will handle 238 hybrids just fine, they have a nice little whistle to them too.

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much larger than 238/100%'s because I may go larger some day and dont want to have to buy another turbo. I want something I can grow into but will work great now also.

·
Registered
391 Posts
no its a t4i flange iirc.
Bryan

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
intersested!

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
:whs:thats the one i was gana recommened

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
im running a gt4202, i have a gt4294 sitting on the shelf that i am going throw in until i go to 300's. the 4202 has some lag, but its also has a 74.3mm inducer and a 102mm exducer. the 4294 will have better street manners with the smaller comp wheel.

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dont really know what any of the specs mean on turbos... So your just throwing numbers at me unless someone would like to explain it...:D and I Like the GQSSB so far since its about the same price as the modded H2E while flowing more air... BUt I dont like how it looks like I have to buy the entire Kit to make it work. Im about to install my intercooler and stuff already. So If I get the GQSSB what all would need to be modded to make it work? Pedistal, up pipes, intercooler stuff? Im clueless.

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Forgot to mention I would like to pull with this setup and actually have a chance so I want something with the specs thats not gonna throw me to the sharks If you know what I mean.

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
I dont really know what any of the specs mean on turbos... So your just throwing numbers at me unless someone would like to explain it...:D and I Like the GQSSB so far since its about the same price as the modded H2E while flowing more air... BUt I dont like how it looks like I have to buy the entire Kit to make it work. Im about to install my intercooler and stuff already. So If I get the GQSSB what all would need to be modded to make it work? Pedistal, up pipes, intercooler stuff? Im clueless.
GQSSB can be offered for the OBS running 2" plenums and no intercooler or for the OBS with intercooler. Kit is supplied with the required i/c pipes, up-pipes, pedestal, downpipe, y-pipe, and oil feed/drain lines. The only thing that might need some modifing is the drivers side I/C pipe to make it fit your current intercooler system. As the pipe that would be supplied would be for use with the Hypermax intercooler system. Also, the specs on the turbo would allow you to run in the 2.6 class.

·
DAMN THATS HOT!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2.6 class? How competitive is that? So what your saying is that I would only need to modify my intercooler pipes but I could keep everything else the same with that turbo? What I ment to ask was can I not buy the kit, just the turbo and will it work. Or do I need all that stuff the kit offers to make it work on my truck. Because If thats the case I would probably be back to the modded H2E...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts