Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '04 F-250 6.0. Motor and electronics are all stock. Will putting a MBRP turbo back dual exhaust kit on the truck give me any negative results ? Any positive results with no other mods ?

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
No negative results, positive, better sound and better flow and more hp and tq.

I can get you some prices if you want.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Nothing negative, all positive. MBRP kits look, fit, and sound great. I suggest going with the S6212 "off-road" series as you will see the most benefit with these kits. Let me know if I can help with anything.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
nothing negative. When I put my 5" magnaflow on with 4" downpipe it was the first performance mod done to the truck and drove around for at least 10,000 miles with it as the only performance mod. I recommend if you do anything, remove the cat. Having the full exhaust but still with the cat made a slight difference in sound but not too much, removing the cat was a night and day difference.

Oh and :welcome: to PSN stick around a while and enjoy the good group we have. Any question you have can be answered in minutes a by some of the most knowledgable and experience guys around :ford:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
the exhaust is a good first, but you must be warned, these trucks are addicting, you will be like a drug addict looking for a HP fix... digging in couch cushions trying to get a custom tune for your SCT..... selling blood for some ARP head studs......

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
the exhaust is a good first, but you must be warned, these trucks are addicting, you will be like a drug addict looking for a HP fix... digging in couch cushions trying to get a custom tune for your SCT..... selling blood for some ARP head studs......
ssssshhh, don't scare away the new guys

:evil :ford:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im already scared, but, isnt that good??? Im ready to mod an 05 thats totally stock. What tuner would be safe with a 4in turbo back and an air intake kit??? It has warranty but dont need to use it yet.ha.

·
Registered
84 Posts
When i did my exhaust on my 03 it was a little bit of a pain to get the stock down pipe out. Just throwing that out there that way you know what your getting into when you do it.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
When i did my exhaust on my 03 it was a little bit of a pain to get the stock down pipe out. Just throwing that out there that way you know what your getting into when you do it.
x2 I ended up cutting mine out.

For the downpipe you basically have 2 options, cut it, or drop the transmission crossmember.

·
Registered
385 Posts
x2 I ended up cutting mine out.

For the downpipe you basically have 2 options, cut it, or drop the transmission crossmember.
Reciprocating Saw, or to the everyday user AKA Saw Saw :evil Comes right out.

To the OP: Intake, Ehaust, and Tuner, and you are going to think it is a whole new beast. Just becareful with your tunes, if you are not going to do the head studs, I would not get a BIG HP tune. But whoever you buy from, should tell you that.

·
King of my own world
410 Posts
why didnt any tell me i could sell blood for parts:doh:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
you could probably sell your a** too, but why would i give up all my industry secrets to getting all the mods i want........ blood is a good start, where i work if you have all the anthrax shots you can get up too 800 dollars per month to participate in studies, i had them when i was in the marines, but didnt get my boosters to stay current...... i am on shot 4 of 7...... i will have that new tranny before i know it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
man you got that right the dp is a pita. i pulled the trans bar and had to cut it out to remove it but that was the easy part getting the 4" put back in was a whole other animal all by itself. took me about 2 hours just to get it up in there had to beat it in with a block of wood and a hammer lol stupid heat shield stuff and close arse firewall. never again will i do another one on a 06 6.0.

·
Registered
15 Posts
the exhust is great a little more get up and go but an air intake will really as well the down pipe is some what aggrevating but the istall will only take little while but you will be glad you did it use loc tite on the hanger bolts the viberations will cause them to loosen and rattle some

1 - 20 of 21 Posts