Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 05 CCSB, and i should be getting my SCT X3 tomorrow and i was just wondering if it was a wise idea to use a tunner on a bone stock motor? I plan on getting an EGR delete soon so should i wait until i get the EGR delete before i use the tunner

·
Registered
62 Posts
U can use it but once u delete rhe egr ur going to want a custom tune to shut ur engine light off that will come on once the egr delete is put in. Are u studded at all? If not that's a good idea only going to have to sooner or later.

·
Registered
62 Posts
All depends on what ur doing but i dont think you should see to high of egts if u tow alot or heavy thats were u would run into problems thats were nice set of gauges cone in handy. I put a 4 inch turbo back no muffler or cat nd love it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All depends on what ur doing but i dont think you should see to high of egts if u tow alot or heavy thats were u would run into problems thats were nice set of gauges cone in handy. I put a 4 inch turbo back no muffler or cat nd love it.
My plan is to just cut the cat and muffler out for now and i want to get the EGR delete and coolent filter within the next few weeks and i dont tow anything just push a little bit of snow. Im one of the jack a$$es that bought a PSD just because i like them not bc i needed one. lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is my first as well and she has some issues but i keep telling myself that this is what its like to have a "real" mans truck lol iIm hopeing that once i get everything figured out it will be a really nice and powerful little BI**H. lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lol ya I just did gaskets studs egr upgrade fuel spring 6.4 banjo bolts and few odds and ends here and there like oil pan and stuff and what a difference real woke her right up

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how was the oil pan job? I got a new one sittin in the garage, havent gotten around to it yet and i need to shes leakin like a some beach

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
Im one of the jack a$$es that bought a PSD just because i like them not bc i needed one. lol
Well while I have towed some with mine, I am another one of those "Jack A$$es" that bought a PSD because quite frankly at the time (in 2006) it was the only real "MAN" looking truck of the big three IMO. So I bought mine because of the stout/tough look it these things have and I figured well even if it wasnt as good as the cummins or duramax trucks oh well I still think it is a heavy duty truck. Well come to find out our transmissions can hold more than an Allison and these 6.0s when upgraded the right way are quick and clean. I also got it so I could learn about diesels. Didnt know chit and still have a long way to go but it has been fun doing all of the work that I have done to my truck and the fact that it still runs, must mean I did something right I guess or just lucky.

Sorry for the slight derail. I always recommend a custom tune whether the truck is stock or modified. Give anyone of the custom tuners a call and they will get you set up for whatever is done to your truck and will most definitely help it survive as long as it can without head studs. i have heard of guys running Matt's SRL tune on non-studded trucks forever with no issues. I towed 12k with mine not being studded on a street tune for over 1000 miles and no problems. Not saying that I was smart but just that these motors are not wimps and can hold up. JMO.

·
1,549 Posts
how was the oil pan job? I got a new one sittin in the garage, havent gotten around to it yet and i need to shes leakin like a some beach
I pulled my oil pan and the job isnt that bad IMO. The hardest part is getting the three bolts on the passenger side of the motor about half way between the front and the back. You will need a cherry picker/engine puller to lift the motor up (once you undo the motor mount bolts) about 2 inches so the pan can drop down enough so you can undo the oil pick up tube. Like I said other than those three bolts, not a bad job to do. Oh yea I recommend you loosen the fan shroud so you dont break that when you lift up on the motor.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm going with matt's tunes and 155cc injectors. Plus what's in my sig. Dont plan on doing studs till I need them. Oh and I've got 160k miles. Had a cummins but this is a way more comfortable truck.

·
1,549 Posts
Yep dodge trucks suck. People only buy them for the cummins.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I see you are looking at the cat delete and muffler delete. I did the same to my 05. Only because I thought I'd save some money that way. Not sure if it saved any, but it sounds deeper and only slightly louder. Nice sound when you clean the soot out of the EGR too. I have no complaints.

·
young buck learning.
431 Posts
hows cleaning the soot out of the egr have anything to do with the way the tail pipe sounds?:confused:

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
1,549 Posts
I think he was referring to pulling the motor to do the oil pan.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts