Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 07 f350 egr delete and head studs done with few other upgrades fuel spring banjo bolts 58v ficm exhaust nd intake I have sct with extreme srl and the super panty dropper tunes just did some sled pulling the pass to weekends and did ok I start in second nd shift to third my question is do I get a tune to lock the convertor in third half or full throttle? I have heard two different stories on locking the convertor one it would put more power to the ground two that the truck would probably fall flat on it's face. Just curious to see if any of u guys have experience with this or would know little more about this. I know there is only so much I can ask for out of stock truck just seems like there is a little more there to get.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Copy and paste that post in an email to your tuners

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of the tuners said try it without cause he thought it would lose power with it locked but wasn't for sure just thought I would put it on there to see if any guys had experience running with or without it locked

·
Registered
108 Posts
If the truck is under a big load and the converter locks and there isn't enough power to spool the charger back then it will fall flat on its face. If the converter locks and the turbo is spooled it will make more. Really just need to do trial and error to find what works the best IMO. I think that my race tune from innovative locks the converter up ASAP and if you could do that leaving the line you would be in good shape

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I understand what u mean on trial nd error figured that was going to be my only
Option just was seeing if anyone had any experience with it with it locked it's not good to shift it then is it? Nd I guess if I got it to lock would just have to tap the brake to get out of it

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
how recent is your super panty dropper file? Chris started using converter lockup a while ago, so it should lock in 2nd or 3rd gear under full throttle.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its from truck source diesel it's similar to extreme srl from gearhead I think its little faster half throttle of spd seems full throttle with the extreme srl one had it a week so still trying it out for being all stock besides egr delete nd studs truck hauls ass

1 - 10 of 10 Posts