Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked a most of the sponsors here and it looks like Beans is the closest to me. I'm just getting started on modding my 99.5 motor. Does anyone know of a place closer to Cincy? Also how much do most tuners charge for live tuning? Does anyone have traveling days? Will be mid 2013 by the time I'm ready for my chip.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know how I missed that thank you I appreciate it. did anybody on here have any experience with them?

·
<< wasted fuel >>
1,566 Posts
i kno nate at unlimtied uses gearhead tunes..
im not shure if he has other options avaliable..

give em a call and tlk with him... nate is an awsome dude and will do his best to get you fixed up as will any other supporting vendor....

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
You'll only need live tuning if you doing a full on build..... If your truck is bone stock but you just want a chip then get one mailed to ya.

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
Cincinnati to beans or swamps would prolly be 5 hours. Jonathan (beans) just moved his tunin.operation to Chattanooga tn. Price was 250 an hour when i got live tuned

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be starting off stock. But the tranny has been rebuilt with a shift kit. But i will be doing 160/60s or 200/30 plus a 38r in the future...just wanting to see if anyone has had them live tune, or even if they did.live tuning. I may just save up a bunch of cash at once and have them do a few of my things for me. RR, mutch/harpoon, inline filter, bowl delete, etc. I would rather a good wrench turner do the fuel system stuff :) and from what i saw on their site, the prices look reasonable. $500ish (after taxes) for all of that doesnt seem too hateful.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How long did it take for the tuning when he did yours?

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
I will be starting off stock. But the tranny has been rebuilt with a shift kit. But i will be doing 160/60s or 200/30 plus a 38r in the future...just wanting to see if anyone has had them live tune, or even if they did.live tuning. I may just save up a bunch of cash at once and have them do a few of my things for me. RR, mutch/harpoon, inline filter, bowl delete, etc. I would rather a good wrench turner do the fuel system stuff :) and from what i saw on their site, the prices look reasonable. $500ish (after taxes) for all of that doesnt seem too hateful.
Don't really need live thing with either setup.....

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
You should not need to be live tuned with the setup you are going to run.

As for the fuel system... It is fairly easy to do yourself, and it is a great way to learn about your engine when you do the work. There are a lot of kits out there, but I personally like the Strictly Diesel setup. All hard lines and very clean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts