Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
2Cruel
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a long talk about the new 6.7 with the "MAN" who is behind most of the domestic tuning in the US this weekend,

Ford has pulled out all stops to try and keep tunners out of the computers on the new 6.7. I commented yeah dodge did that two and he laughed and said i hacked dodges stuff in about 3 hrs. He said the encryption algorythim being used in the new ford 6.7 is similar to that of the high end BMW's and is very sophisticated. He has a 6.7 ecm and has looked at it some, He said in order for someone to reverse engineer the encryption and hack it his current computer (if he could keep it up and running) would take the better part of a year to hack it!! :mad:

sooo... with that being said, i think big power on the 6.7 are gonna take a little time, the piggyback modules will be the first things you see, (unless someone was able to sneak out the back door again with some software they werent suppose to have, but i think one platform was lucky, two would be amazing!!

Travis

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
To be honest....if i could get the mpg they are claiming with the hp they are claiming.....I would be content with that level until something well thought out could be brought to the table by the likes of Elite, Innovative, Spartan etc. Even the stock specs are fairly impressive if you had the benefit of reliability.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
It will get hacked within 6 months of being out.

But i'm not to worried about it it will be 10 year b4 i can afford one LOL

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
:whs: my 04' and 93' will both have to kick the bucket b4 ill bite into one of them and have payments large enuff to pay my mortgage with! lol but id love to have one!

·
2Cruel
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope so, but this was coming from the guy that hacks all the good stuff for all the hackers lol

Travis

·
Lead-Don't follow.
990 Posts
I give it till the middle of summer and one if these will be in the 11s!
They said the same about the 6.4s... I'm not sweating it one bit. They just want it to seem more magical when it happens imo

·
diesel and nothing else
1,620 Posts
I think Ford put some real thoughts into this and it will be a hell of a job to get around it, but it will be worth it.
just my o2
PS. i know of a guy in germany when they put the locks on the gasser and all the other high end cars, it has taken them a couple of months to figure it out, but then it was just like heaven. They worked finaly together with the companys to get the best results.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
To be honest I don't know why Ford don't work with the aftermarket companies. I think it would be better for them. That way people arent blowing stuff up with the 1st couple tries and also they are getting out of Warranty work and it looks good for Ford to see a high HP motor.

·
Lead-Don't follow.
990 Posts
That's a good point above me.
Ford already has friended, what have now become household names, Shelby, Roush, and Saleen.
Why don't we add a few diesel shops to that mix? Innovative, Elite, and who ever else might want in. You reading this Ford execs?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
That's a good point above me.
Ford already has friended, what have now become household names, Shelby, Roush, and Saleen.
Why don't we add a few diesel shops to that mix? Innovative, Elite, and who ever else might want in. You reading this Ford execs?
:whs:

·
Lead-Don't follow.
990 Posts
A production Innovative Powerstroke kinda like a Roush Mustang? LOL Sounds pretty awesome.
That's what I'm talking about! serial numbers and all! that'd be so awesome... buying tuned diesels right off the lot :D

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
matt at spartan has that "back door"

The old saying," first on race day, sells on monday" , should be takin more to heart by ford. Look at how many junk dodges are on the road because of how fast/powerful the cummins engine is.

·
2Cruel
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, let me back up, the guy i was talking to is the goto guy in the industry for all the tuners, and tuner manufactures, that is just what he told me, and he has no reason to bs me.

Ford doesnt want people in the diesel engines like roush and saleen, because overall the diesel industry is not very responible for thier mistakes, we are known for blowing stuff up, and then wating FORD to fix our mistakes under warranty, (maybe it is just because of the longer warranties on the diesel engine 100k versus 36k)

just my .02 not trying to make a pissing match,

If matt at spartan has a way in the back door, i am impressed, beings as his back door guy was an IH man

Travis

·
diesel and nothing else
1,620 Posts
i think if Ford allows anybody to tune their trucks, like Roush or Shelby, they first have to come up with big money to buy the rights off from Ford.
The next step is then to proof to Ford that their product is reliable and wont have a negative impact on Ford's market and product position, like emission and safety.
Then you have to show them that there is actually a market for that, we are not talking about a 50k mustang here, it's a more to 75or100k 3.5 tonne heavy hauler.
I don't want to burst the bubble but i don't see a big power Ford race truck from Ford like the Shelby's or Roush in the near future.
Sorry and i think i got a little depressed now.....

1 - 20 of 146 Posts